Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Happy 4th ...

Well happy 4th of July to all the good Americans out there who manage to carry on despite the foibles of their fearless leader. We must respect our American friends and allies as much as possible no matter how crazy their government. That’s all I am going to say for now. I always enjoyed going to the U.S. and meeting ordinary everyday people.
That being said, I have to say Canada Day in Timmins was a blast. We had the wrap up to the eight day concerts and fireworks and it was one of the best things to ever happen in this town. It was great to see everyone in such an upbeat mood for a whole week. Even the Sons of Maxwell were back home to perform... and they gave a shout-out to Glen MacNeil!
I have to admit that Claudette and I were getting a bit tired of going out and partying every night, but we sure had fun. The weather wasn’t perfect, but after awhile, it didn’t seem to matter. When you’re with people and everyone seems to be having a good time, no one cares about the weather.

So I saw Johnny Reid perform for the first time and now I am a big fan. Keith Urban was okay, but Reid stole the show in my opinion. 

No comments: