Monday, February 06, 2017

An amazing football game.

Well a lot of friends think it is strange that I rarely watch NFL football but I make a point of watching the Superbowl. It was even a funnier a few years back when I showed up at my favourite roadhouse, only to have some friends laughing and pointing at me for showing up on game day. They hadn’t seen me in ages. The best part was when I scratched a beer ticket and won a gas barbecue! Ha ha. I watched the Superbowl game on Sunday from start to finish and was amazed. Claudette and I cooked up a bunch of game day snacks and really got into the game. A couple of times she even hollered at the Patriots defence for allowing so many wide open passes. So yes, I was cheering for the Patriots, but it sure got quiet at halftime. I kept thinking Brady was holding onto the ball too long. That’s when I said to Claudette “sometimes you will be amazed at how crazy things happen in the closing minutes of the game.” And that’s why it was fun to watch the final minutes of Sunday’s game. I could barely believe what I was seeing. And then in overtime, it was all Brady. No wonder the guy has won Superbowl five times now.

No comments: