Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Just stuff...

The Olympics have become interesting to watch because so many Russian athletes have been banned from participating. I wonder if this will become an issue at some point in the future, when people claim that the games are no longer truly representative of the world’s best because so many missing athletes cannot compete. On the other hand, I wonder if the IOC will at some point declare all the Russian medals won at Sochi in 2014 to be null and void because of the doping scandal uncovered by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).
It is sad to think that this is what international sport has become.

I sat down last Friday and told myself how much I like Northern Ontario. That’s because I was with my friend Claudette at a pre-wedding celebration in Sudbury, sitting in a backyard, with several other folks just enjoying their company, although I had not met most of them before. I could have been in any backyard in Timmins or Kirkland Lake or Chapleau on a summer evening. I like to think that Northern Ontario folks are especially relaxed and welcoming. Anyway, the weather was warm, a light breeze kept the bugs away and the people were just so friendly.

I am getting more concerned about Donald Trump, his comments, his attitude and his seemingly unstable personality. I was especially disturbed by his comment that Second Amendment enthusiasts (right-to-bear-arms advocates) might to be able to take care of Hilary Clinton and her choice of Supreme Court judges. Wow, that is a bizarre comment. Absolutely bizarre.


No comments: