Saturday, February 07, 2015

Cake for breakfast is okay!

Saturday morning and I am baking a cake and nursing a cold! Don’t know where it came from, but I am keeping company with a pot of tea, a book and a little bottle of cough syrup.
I was pleased this week to interview a lady who runs the eating disorder clinic at the hospital. As she was describing various food disorders, I confessed that I like to share chocolate cake for breakfast with my two grandsons. She assured me this is NOT a food disorder, since it only happens a few times a year. She agreed that it is a nice tradition. So there you have it!
I was upset this week to see that Sudbury voters elected Glenn Thibeault as their new MPP. I am not so upset at the fact that Thibeault crossed the floor and went from being a New Democrat to a Liberal. I am more upset that the Liberal party officials ignored the fact that a local candidate had already been chosen and then pushed him aside and gave the nomination to Thibeault. It really stinks to see how they ignored the democratic process. Shame on voters in Sudbury! At the same time, some Liberal party folks were offering the old candidate a cushy government job in return for stepping aside. Now the police are involved because of that. It stinks, it stinks, it stinks. I hope the police can do something.

No comments: