Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Moose steaks


 Scott was kind enough to hand me a couple of fresh moose steaks as I was leaving Sudbury today.  The nice moose meat is from his hunting trip this fall. Scott asked me to let him know how the steaks turn out, so I will be pleased to document this wonderful event. I plan to have them this weekend.

 First off, he gave me two massive steaks, which means I will get to will enjoy four normal-sized steaks.When I prepare beef, I marinade it in olive oil, pepsi and steak spice sauce. So that’s what I am doing with the moose steaks. First I pounded them with a tenderizer hammer, then I cut them in two.


I put them in a nice deep dish and poured the marinade on top; half a cup of olive oil, half a cup of Clubhouse marinade, one cup of pepsi, adding garlic, salt and pepper.
They will sit in the fridge for two days.
I will let you know how things turn out.

No comments: