Sunday, July 08, 2012

Missing them ...

Tomorrow is back-to-work day after a really nice little bit of vacation time.  I am sort of looking forward to it.  I already checked the e-mail server for work. There are more than 670 e-mails waiting for me. Oh fun! I am, however, feeling in a bit of a withdrawal today. Not because of the holidays, but because I miss the boys. After spending more than a week with grandsons Tyler and Nathan, I got used to the idea of them being there when I woke up in the morning and went to bed at night. It was just plain fun being with them. I guess that being an adult, I had to walk the fine line of being the guardian and keeping them safe, and then finding ways to keep them entertained and busy. The first part was easy. The second part was the challenge. I think there were times I was too worried that they weren’t having enough fun, but kids being kids, they find fun in most things. Jumping on beds, racing through hotel hallways, being first to push the elevator button and spitting at ducks on the Toronto waterfront are the kinds of harmless things boys just like to do. I am glad it all happened.

No comments: