Sunday, December 05, 2010

Enjoying December

It's a nice winter night in Timmins. I am wrapping gifts and enjoying the warmth of Tennessee ... in a fine crystal glass of course. I am wrapping some stuff for the kids and it's fun to imagine how much we will all enjoy Christmas morning. It has been snowing all day here, but that's to be expected in Timmins. Winter is certainly settling in. I think I will be out snowshoeing soon. The past few days have been nice. I had a good chat with Gary on Friday. It was his birthday, so that was nice and we got got all caught up. On Saturday I was on the local Christmas telethon, which was broadcast on the Bell satellite, so I talked with Neil and Jennifer to let them know. So that was good. We went late into the evening, but it was fun. I slept in today to 10:00 a.m. Wow. I decided to do a bit of gift shopping late in the day to avoid the crowds. The roads were in rough shape and it took about 20 minutes to drive to the mall. But when I got there I got out of the truck and realized I left my wallet in another coat! Nothing to do but laugh about it, drive home, grab my wallet and head out again. Only this time, I gassed up and grabbed a few groceries. I bought some President's Choice crab cakes. Wow! They were excellent. Maybe good things happen for a reason.

No comments: