Wednesday, September 09, 2009

'Kick it in the ass' said the doctor!

Jennifer was sure upbeat tonight when we chatted. It amazing how much we can talk because anyone who knows me knows I am not much of a phone freak. Anyway, she said her Oncologist Dr. Pedro Lopez came in to her room today and had a nice long talk and Jenn says he is sure speaking positively. I sure feel good about that because I am thinking the doctor wouldn’t speak that way unless he was feeling fairly certain there will be a good outcome. Jenn says the doctor is confident the radiation treatments have done much to shrink the original tumour. Today was her fifth round of radiation. Jenn quoted the doctor when she said he told her there is a “very, very good chance we will kick this thing in the ass.” Dr. Lopez also said the effort now is not just to deal with the cancer but also to eliminate it. On the other side, Jenn says she expects the chemo-therapy will begin tomorrow or Friday. The chemo is to kill the cancer cells in her blood. She says she has been told she will lose her hair within a week. She is putting on a brave face, but I know she will miss it because Jenn has always had long beautiful hair. She is also preparing herself mentally for the challenge of dealing with the weakness and sickness of being on chemo-therapy. She also says that as soon as she loses her hair, Scott has promised to shave his head as well. That doesn’t surprise me. Scott is an amazing man. I told Jenn that she and Scott are truly lucky to have found each other in their lives. She says she was also told that her hair can grow back differently. We laughed and joked about whether she would be a chatty blonde or a wild redhead. Once the chemo-therapy begins Jennifer will be moved to an isolation room. But there will be a phone there and I will post the phone number here. By the way, she was pleased tonight when I read her some of the comments that so many people are posting and sending in e-mails. I too am so pleased at the love and kindness so many people have shown her. Let’s all keep good thoughts.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

thats great news len jenn will be gorgoues no matter what

Unknown said...

by the way she has three special angels watching over her

Line said...

Len,
Your Jenn is such a trooper, she will be absolutely beautiful no matter what, I will visit her today for a little while so I can get my hug from her. She makes everyone of us strong, I just love that girl......so much.

Anonymous said...

Jenn, Scott and boys you do not know me I ride with your Uncle and aunt. Moe and Line what a wonderful couple you are truly blessed to have them as your uncle and aunt. I have been reading the blog every day to keep up with your progress. I have the bishop and my boss praying for you. Actually the bishop is in Rome right now and I asked him to pray for you there to. Please keep smiling you are a beauty looking lady and God will watch over you all. Love Deb

~Vanessa~ said...

She sure is lucky to have such a great man beside her.. I don't know Scott very well but it touches my heart that he is going to shave his head for her. What great support!!!
It's great to hear that the doctor is so confident... gotta love that kick it in the ass quote! lol

Hang in there Jen! I love you!

Anonymous said...

OH, come on, i remember some short perm styles with almost shaved on one side and longer on the other, oh the eighties..i could probably find some pics.......
jen is so beautiful she will still be with or without hair! Tasha