Saturday, May 09, 2009

Busy, busy

Saturday morning, the coffee is good and I am a bit tired. I stayed up late last night watching that old favorite with Bogart and Bergman, ...Casablanca. Watching it on Blue Ray HD TV was amazing. Each time I see the movie, I get a kick out of seeing some of the characters in a new light. I really enjoyed Claude Rains in his role as Captain Renault. I think I am on a classic film kick. Last week we sat down to watch The Magnificent Seven.
I was happy to attend the Ontario Mine Rescue dinner in Timmins last night. Some people may not know it, but Ontario mine rescue began in Timmins 80 years ago, in 1929 after the Hollinger Fire Disaster. The dinner was nice. They were honouring the winners of the mine rescue competition and the 80th anniversary of mine rescue. It was great to meet some of the older fellows I worked with years ago, and I did take some pride in the fact that I was once a Drägerman when I was a hardrock miner. It has been 25 years since I left the mine, but it's nice to see the guys every now and then.
Blogging here is a fun thing and I am happy to advise that a very nice friend of mine has joined Blogging. Victoria is Scott and Jennifer's young niece and she has started a blog to outline things going on her family and I enjoy it because it's about her and Tyler and Nathan. It's pretty cool. You can see the blog here. http://familybuzz-victoria.blogspot.com/ Nice work Vic!

No comments: