Wednesday, February 04, 2009

What a day eh...

It was a busy darn day, but overall a good one. I caught a bit of hell from a police officer for driving too quickly while on the way to an explosion and fire at an industrial building in the west end. I was very apologetic, of course. But at the same time, I was a bit pleased that I got there before the cops closed the highway. The other newspaper in town was stuck behind the roadblock while I was at the scene, shooting pictures. By the way, here is a photo of a fire truck arriving at the scene. The good thing today was that I got a chance to drop into a book store where I found a used copy of The Source by James Michener. It was written in 1965. My Dad had a copy and he got me to read it around 1970.
I didn’t absorb it all back then, but it was great reading. I can’t wait to dig into it again. Interestingly, on page 16 on the book I found a bookmark… It was a boarding pass for a Canadian Airlines flight in economy class to Toronto, seat no. 7A, held by a person named L. McKay. It must have been quite a while ago… it was a no-smoking seat.

No comments: