Saturday, February 21, 2009

Another good week zips by...

I haven’t been here for a week, but that only means I have been busier than usual. The weekend was good. I didn’t realize that last Saturday was Valentine’s Day… don’t ever try to go out to dinner on February 14, with someone you’re not romantically involved with… it just sends all the wrong messages. LOL. And you’ll never get a reservation. So we stayed at home and had lasagne, salad and loads fresh garlic bread. Then we went to the Zoo in South End to take in the lip-sync singing contests… which were hilarious. The fireworks show on Sunday was also worth the trip. I also enjoyed a drive across Porcupine Lake, which surprised a couple of snowmobile drivers as I booted past them. The ice was solid and safe at 30 inches of thickness. It was a busy news week, so it zipped by in a blur of stories and photos… but I did enjoy a chat with a fellow named Ray McLean. He is a former pilot with Austin Airways and had loads of great stories from working there for nearly 50 years! I did the story with Ray since Monday is the 100th anniversary of Canadian aviation, and Ray was a true northern bush pilot. It was also a good news week for the Timmins call centre workers. A Charlottetown firm, On Line Support, chose Timmins over 26 other Canadian communities, as the location of their newest call centre. I noticed among friends on facebook there is a trend now to list several things about yourself that others don’t know… it’s quite interesting, I don’t know where to start, but I might mention I was at the controls of an airplane flying through the Eastern Arctic one night with five tons of frozen halibut from Greenland. The real pilot was asleep. Hmmm…. That was an interesting time.

No comments: