Sunday, September 21, 2008

How I became a geek...

It took some time but I finally managed to recover the documents and photos from the old hard drive from my last computer. I thought I had fried the drive, but it turns out the problem was only a bad video card… either that, or I played too many video games. Anyway, it took about ten months of research and trying different things before I finally convinced my new computer to accept the old hard drive (80 gigabytes) running in parallel with the new hard drive (320 gigabytes). How cool is that? The drive is right there in the plastic baggy (centre left) on my first trial run. It has been running for about six hours now, with no glitches! (knock on wood!) I think I am officially a computer geek now… I know how to put together a motherboard, swap out DDR2 Ram, the differences between CMOS and BIOS and how to hook up ribbon cables in the right order. OMG can you believe i had a hard drive running in a baggy? LMAO

No comments: