Sunday, July 20, 2008

My first breathalyzer test...

It was indeed nerve wracking last night for those few seconds when I blew into the handheld machine the cop held out in front of me. It was just after midnight when we decided to leave the Summerfest street party in South Porcupine and drive back to Timmins. We got out to the main road and there was a RIDE spot check set up. I knew I had only two drinks over two hours and was confident it would be okay, but for those few seconds when you're blowing into the breathalyzer, you wonder .. "holy crap, this could a real problem here..." I told the cop I had two drinks. He later mentioned this is what people usually say when they've had four or five drinks. I guess that's why he asked for my breath sample. After blowing into the machine, I stared at it for seconds, and seconds, and seconds....the little green light came on. Anyway, the reading was 0.024 per cent, which he said was well under the limit of 0.08 per cent blood alcohol level. Still, I have to confess, it's nothing to be proud of.

No comments: