Sunday, February 03, 2008

Superbowl Sunday

I will have to go out and find a TV today so I can watch the Superbowl. I confess I have not watched a game all year. But this is different. Today's game will be talked about for decades. For the first time ever, one team, the New England Patriots has had a perfect regular season, not losing one game. So there is a chance the "Pats" could have the perfect season. That would nice to see.
On the other hand, the New York Giants are the ultimate underdogs ... in that the Giants could be (pardon the pun) the giant killers if they can defeat the Patriots in this one game! What an upset that would be. This is usually the most-watched single sporting event in the world. Today it will be huge. Either way, it's gonna be a great day for football!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Len... you said "For the first time ever, one team, the New England Patriots has had a perfect regular season, not losing one game."
I know your love of accurate information so I thought I'd let you know, the Miami Dolphins had a perfect season, (17 - 0) including winning the Superbowl, in 1972.

Len said...

Thank you blogger! Yes, you are absolutely correct. Thank you for noticing that. (you must be a Dolphins fan!) My confusion was that, up until Sunday, the Patriots had a perfect season by winning their regular season and playoff games with an 18-0 record, just one game better than the 17-0 record... but hey, no one remembers second place. The 72 Dolphins still rule eh.