Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Good Things

This has been a good week. It's nice to think about good things that happen.
GOOD - I have been trying to find time for an oil change on the truck for about two weeks. I have been too busy lately. Today I finally decided to give up some time and get it done. I figured I'd be waiting in the shop for at least an hour. On the way to Canadian Tire, I spotted Just Lubes on Algonquin East. I pulled up and before I turned off the truck, the kid in the coveralls was opening the bay door and waving me forward. I drove in, they changed the oil, topped up all the fluids. I was back out on the street in about 12 minutes. When things are that good, you gotta tell people.
BETTER - Two summers back I was putting the canoe in the river, when i slipped in the mud and right into the water. That wasn't so bad, except my nice little Sony digital camera got soaked and stopped working right there. So i put the camera away, figuring I could at least use the memory card someday. This week i was cleaning out my office, saw the camera and got ready to toss it in the garbage. For some reason I put a couple of fresh batteries in it... and there ya go, It works! I could hardly believe it. But yep, I did some test shots and it's just fine.
BEST - Jenn called up this week to tell me that she and the boys (yes, that includes her darling hubby Scott) are coming to Timmins for Christmas! Woohoo. Things don't get much better eh.
I also got a call from Neil this week. Actually i called him after he left a message saying "hey old man, call me". I haven't stopped laughing about that one... who the hell does he think he is, calling me an old man...? : )

And I saw something nice today... it's on my News Blog. I was at a house fire and snapped a nice photo of a dog that got rescued. Take a look here.

No comments: