Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tea vs. Coffee

The most frustrating thing about tea is that one must wait for the water to boil. It’s about as exciting as standing beside the dryer waiting for your jeans to dry. But I usually find it’s worth the wait. The coffee pot comes on automatically, but I am beginning to regard coffee as too bitter in the mornings. Coffee seems better in the afternoons. For some reason tea gives me just the right caffeine kick in the mornings. I think it goes back to my childhood, when I could find a pot of tea on the stove at any time of the day or night.
By the way, it's the last day of May and Summer is finally here in Timmins. It’s a bit rainy, overcast and there is some fog this morning. We don’t get smog in Timmins, but I can pick a whiff of that big forest fire that is burning about a hundred miles south of us.

1 comment:

Niagara Anglophile said...

Hi,

I just saw your postings linked to Timmins. I have a friend who lives there as well. I love tea myself and remember the kettle being on all the time as well. I live in Niagara Falls, NY.

I'm new to the postings!

Cheers.

John