Thursday, February 01, 2007

Welcome to February

Have you ever noticed how many people say Feb-YOU-ary? This is my rant today. How difficult is it to say Feb-ROO-ary? It’s really annoying when broadcasters, people who should know how to speak, can’t manage to pronounce such a simple little word. Lazy or what! If they can’t manage to say February correctly, how can you possibly put any stock in what they have to say. Maybe they should spend some time in the lye-berry reading up on how to speak eh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's "eXpecially" annoying when people say "nuke U ler" as well!
I live at the corner of Isleville Street and Sullivan Street. Now as you all know, I come from an island. So naturally I would call the street "isle"ville. Well the rest of Halifax calls this street either "Iso"ville, or "Ills"ville. NO KIDDING!!!!! I have even had arguements with cab drivers! Even when I reason it out by saying that Isle is short for Island and should be pronounced the same. whaddya do?

Len said...

Sheesh... whattya expect from mainlanders eh. Isle never understand how they screw up the language. : )