Sunday, April 09, 2006

Getting Sirius.

I got myself a special birthday gift. Sirius Radio. It's the new satellite radio system that lets you listen from anywhere on the planet, anytime and there are no commercials. The system is kinda cool. It's about the size of a Sony Walkman. You plug it in to your car lighter, tune the FM Radio to 88.8 and your car stereo becomes the satellite radio! All you do then is tune in whatever you like - jazz, country, sports, comedy. I love it. Woohoo... can't wait to hit the highways of Northern Ontario again. I can even use it with the FM radio in the house. Of course, there is a monthly fee... but since I don't watch cable TV, I figure 49-cents a day is a bargain.

4 comments:

a d´almeida nunes said...

Hallo Len

i´m amateur radio and i was very intrested in this radio.
Is it very expensive? Can i buy it in Portugal?

Good luck
antonio

Note: i will put in my blog a link to yours. Regards.

a d´almeida nunes said...

Another info

My amateur radio call is CT1CIR

Bye


Note: I´m trying do write english in the best possible way, i don´t kow if this wil be ok.

Anonymous said...

Hello CT1ClR. Thank you for your note.
The cost of the Sirius unit is not too expensive.
I paid $49 Canadian dollars.
I went to the Sirius.com website and the price is also listed at $49 US dollars.

http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreDirectory.vm&ctl_nbr=2640&catLevel=1&catParentID=7870&scId=7870&oldParentID=7870

You can also see Sirius units for sale at www.ebay.com

I hope this is helpful. Len

a d´almeida nunes said...

Hi Len

Many thanks for all your information. I will try do buy the radio.
I have two friends whose like very much Canada.
They lived in your coutry and should like to go away newly because they has familly there.

Would you please put in your blog a link to http://dispersamente.blogspot.com
May be Portuguese and other people ariund the world like to know about my questions, "DISPERSED" from Portugal.

My best wishes and regards.
Antonio