Friday, March 24, 2006

Crusading Celebrities ~ Get a life eh!

The nice thing about having a BLOG is being able to say what you really feel some days. I had to shake my head this week at the news that Brigitte Bardot was back in Canada to complain about the seal hunt. What a pain she is. When did she suddenly become an expert on animal welfare? And why is the media hanging on every word? C'mon people... go find something newsworthy. I can't blame the reporters. I blame lazy assignment editors and rookie producers. I have traveled down east. I have traveled the Arctic. In my opinion this is not a big issue. Thank goodness there are people who can think for themselves and don't need celebrities to tell them what's important. Maybe our reporters should have been asking Ms. Bardot her views on the terrible riots in France this past week, where police were clubbing students. That might have been newsworthy. Oh well, I will only say one thing to Brigitte Bardot. Bonjour Bébé.... Kiss My Ass!

No comments: