Thursday, July 23, 2026

So you can't say we haven't been warned

Every evening in recent months I have watched the American newscasts, specifically NBC News and ABC News, and have noticed a startling change. Both networks are now focussing on major weather stories. That's because a day hardly goes by that there is not a major weather event that is impacting the lives of millions of people throughout the U.S. Think of forest fires, tornadoes, hurricanes, massive rainstorms, flooding, droughts and unusual snowstorms in places where cold weather was barely a worry before. This is happening all the time now. It brings me back to a lecture I attended at Northern College in Timmins around 15 years ago where Dr. David Pearson presented a lecture on climate change. He talked about the fact that Earth's climate is changing quickly and we are not prepared to deal with it. I remember thinking that some of his comments back then were alarmist. Over the years, a lot of people say climate change is nothing but a hoax perpetuated by the wacky woke crowd. I have to admit there are a lot of wacky people around but we need to pay more attention to the climate.

No comments: