Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Wow, halfway through the year already

Okay so this happens a lot... Is it my memory or is it that I don't think of unimportant stuff too much? I just realized this is the week before the Canada Day holiday weekend. No big deal really because I am not working on the weekend. When I am working on news stories, I kind of exclude everything else. I put reminders on my phone, or computer, for things I absolutely have to remember. Other than that, I go home, enjoy supper, enjoy reading, enjoy jazz on YouTube and make sure I have enough laundry done for the week ahead. I have been busy and have enjoyed the warmer weather. Some days it was too friggin' hot but other than that, no complaints. I dropped by Fionn MacCools to watch the Hockey Game monday night and kept hoping the Oilers would score that extra goal. No such luck. Other than that it was a nice night out when I don't usually drop by. But wings were on sale for $10 a pound and the beer was only $5 a pint. Just to keep things healthy, I also ordered the spinach and artichoke cheese dip with nachos. So I stayed for the full game, enjoyed the good food and went home disappointed that Lord Stanley's trophy wasn't coming to Canada.
I should mention that Jennifer and her men were also watching the game and enjoying a late dinner Monday. She invited me out to the house, but I declined. I was just opting for the shorter drive home on a worknight. If it was a weekend, I would have been at their place. I have been eating well this month, thanks to the warmer weather. I really enjoy salads, but admit I am too lazy to whip them up myself. I like to buy the prepared salads from the grocery store, and then I add a few extra things like cucumbers or tomatoes at home. What I do enjoy is this occasional family dinner put on by Denise and Don. They put on the best dinners and it's always a hoot to enjoy the company of our extended family.

No comments: