Sunday, January 24, 2016

Women's curling is so good ...

This being a Sunday I got up a bit earlier than normal to head out to the McIntyre Arena in Timmins to take in the Northern championship game for women’s curling, the Scotties Tournament of Hearts. I don’t often take advantage of having a media pass, but today I did and I am glad. The curling was just awesome. Now a lot of folks just yawn and look the other way when you talk about curling, but I tell ya, there is so much grace and finesse in this game, it is compelling to watch when excellent teams are on the ice.
In this case the final game was between the Tracy Fleury Rink of Sudbury and the Krista McCarville Rink of Thunder Bay. I had my hopes up for the Sudbury team, but they were defeated by Thunder Bay, which now advances to the Canadian women’s championship.
It was also a chance to experiment a bit with my camera to do some “still blurred motion” shots, which are still shots that depict motion. I think they worked out okay.

The second shot is of the winning skip, Krista McCarville.

No comments: